Wednesday 12 September 2012

Lothlorien


Anyone familiar with 'The Lord of The Rings' will know that Lothlorien is the fairest forest realm of the Elves. Mallorn trees grew there, and their leaves turned golden in the autumn. The golden leaves remained on the trees until spring, when they fell to cover the ground. As I wondered through the quiet paths in the Botanical Gardens I came across a series of small art pieces, notably these beautiful mirrored leaves set on stones under the trees, and I was certainly put in mind of this magical fictitious place.

"Ah! Like gold fall the leaves in the wind"
Lady Galadriel's Farewell song, Lord of The Rings

2 comments:

Mr Paul said...

Very pretty discovery Al. These would look great in a domestic garden situation too and I suspect are quite an easy litle project, I might give one a go.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Your botanical gardens are full of unexpected little surprises Al, very cool!
p.s I keep meaning to answer your question about the Swan Brewery site, you are spot on, there was a huge uproar from the Aboriginal community when the old brewery site was being re developed, I often wonder what would be there now if they had won their case. It is a beautifully done development.